SCw/WPA/N-MGC/AWC

SCw/WPA/N-MGC/AWC
Witchy Wizdom

Sunday, June 15, 2014

happy Mother-father's day to all single mother's...






A police officer has been derided by the Westboro Baptist Church, after...
PINKNEWS.CO.UK
Courtney Chorniak please read and see if this makes any sense. Hope it will help.
10 Foods To Avoid When Living With Chronic Pain - Fibromyalgia and arthritis are very common forms of chronic pain that are difficult to treat....
HEALTHY AND NATURAL WORLD


LikeLike ·  · 
A new paradigm is emerging out of the rubble of the reductionist model....
UNIVERSE EXPLORERS
After searching all types of bonsai trees, Ive got quite a collection growing. Here are some of the more popular types of bonsai trees.
CULTIVATORSCORNER.COM

Blessed Father's Day Pagans!

~CELEBRATING DAD~

"A dad is someone who 
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail..."
While many Pagan paths identify themselves as “goddess traditions,” there are just as many which honor the sacred masculine alongside the divine feminine. Rather than being goddess-centric, a tradition honoring the sacred masculine will put the god on an equal playing field with the goddess rather than identifying him as simply the divine consort - and some 

What Makes Us What We Are
Author: Miakoda
For eight years now, I have been joyfully and devotedly practicing and studying the path of witchcraft and pagan spirituality. I have sipped from the cauldron of wisdom, and from that moment forward decided that I wanted more. If nothing else, I wanted to taste more of that magick, freedom, and absolute spiritual awareness. I studied path after path after path, and read from book after book. I sought mentoring from those much wiser than I, and turned to the rawest teacher, nature, for the lessons no other human could teach. I approached Gods and Goddesses of many cultures, faces, and names. Each of them with a purpose and personality of their own. Some came and went from my life quickly, never really “clicking” as the others did. Those who have stayed all this long while have become deep rooted in my life.
A day never goes by anymore when I do not think on my deities, and am not grateful and loving from their presence in my life. In each breeze that weaves its airy fingers through my hair, I feel the loving caress of my matron Goddess. In each gentle twinkle of starlight or flitter of a butterfly’s wings before my eyes, I see my father God’s adoring face. When I am weak, my sisters and brothers pick me up and strengthen me. When I am wavering, the elements give me courage. I relish in the mysteries of the divine feminine, and I am empowered by the support of the divine masculine.
Yet for all this love and devotion I feel for my spirituality, I hesitate to call it a religion. You see, religion has rules. It has, at the very least, guidelines that all practitioners are expected to follow. Paganism, however (and yes I say paganism because I do not and never will consider myself a Wiccan. I will get to that later) , has only one major guideline: the path must be nature-based.
Now, I hardly see THAT broad and vague requirement as substantial enough to call it the basis of a religion. It is, instead, the perfect start to a blossoming spiritual life and path. And you know what? That is good! Great even. Because the spirit has no fences. It has no limitations.
Take away the rules, the set beliefs, the traditions…leave yourself with the freedom to decide for yourself, each person to themselves, what they believe and wish to practice for what makes sense to them, and no two people will tell you the exact same thing twice. And isn’t that the beauty of paganism? Of spirituality? There are no true rules or words set in stone. We have the freedom to CHOOSE!
Believe in reincarnation or not. You are still a pagan. Believe in literal Gods or metaphorical Masculine and Feminine energies. Still a pagan. Wear a pentacle or a moon or a goddess or an Om or nothing! Still a pagan. You are if you believe you are.
Myself, for example. Firstly, why do I not consider myself Wiccan? Simple: I do not follow the Wiccan Rede. Nor do I believe in the Neo-Pagan take on ancient traditions. I certainly disagree with much of what Gerald Gardner put out as Wicca, and I do not fit into any of the Wiccan branches’ moulds. Am I Eclectic Witch then? Again, I’d just say no. I believe that the singing of a song, the enjoyment of the earth, and the moment taken to smile up at the moon and sun is a moment spent in adoration and worship of the God and Goddess.
I believe that you are a King or a Queen if you allow yourself to be, and that you are your own greatest limitation if you ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE! I believe that Faeries steal my belongings and that Lavender is the greatest sleeping medicine I’ve ever used. I believe that the Goddess and God love and watch out for me, and that I came into this life to serve them and their children. I believe that I will never be done learning. I believe we make our own magick, and are made up of magick. I believe what I believe, and I go with it.
Isn’t that brilliant? Say it with me now!
I believe….what I believe.
Isn’t that enough? I set up my altars, I light my candles, and I set my magick to do what I need it to. I sing and dance and talk with my Goddess, and she seems to have no problems with how I show my love. My magick is no less effective than others. My God is just as pleased with me if I walk clockwise or counterclockwise. It just doesn’t matter. And THAT, my brothers and sisters, is what makes me a Witch, I think. I can throw away all the words and creeds and books and still have my emotion. My heart. My soul. I don’t want the rules. You can keep them. I don’t want the restrictions. They have no place in a heart of freedom. I don’t want the labels. I am what I am.
Every day my students, friends, and kindred come to me and tell me of their insecurities. They feel incompetent as pagans. They feel weak as witches. They feel lost as young adults and children. They have no confidence! If I did not remember my earlier years as a Witch, I would be utterly baffled, for I am long past wavering, usuries, and meekness. This path, whatever it pleases you to call it, is supposed to teach our young freedom of spirit and ecstasy in all life. And yet here they are feeling that they are not good enough to meet the standards of the community because they do not measure up to some bar that does not even really exist!
There is no expectation or obligation to a witch, but that they be free and confident in themselves. But these children do not feel as if they follow the path correctly. “Correctly”, as if there is a yellow brick road to skip down. What have we done? That we allow our new and our young to feel shame in not fitting into a mould? What hypocrisy is it? I cannot count how many times I have had to tell my students to raise their chins and ease their minds. That the path is THEIR’S to forge.
So I ask you to ask yourselves: What makes me a Witch? What makes me a pagan/wiccan/druid/shaman/heathen/etc.? And I believe that once you find the answer to that, you will realize that your spirituality goes beyond your “religion”, and that only you, not those teachings, make you who and what you are.
Always Blessed be,
-Miakoda
Twilight_Awakening_by_enchanting_ce_memory





How to Do Reflexology At Home to Treat Common Ailments - Reflexology is...
HEALTHY AND NATURAL WORLD



"There is nobody who is so enlightened
that they don't need to work on themselves."
- Terence McKenna
16 hrs · 
"We're often encouraged to think of fear as a weakness. But what if we thought of fear as an amazing act of the imagination, as profound and insightful as storytelling itself?"
Your fears are more valuable than you think.
If you want things to change, you need to start with changing yourself!
We’ve all gone through hard times. And we all get through them. However, some get through them better than others. So what is their secret? Most of it has to do with attitude. Here are 13 things to remember when life gets...
THE-OPEN-MIND.COM


23 hrs · 
It's Friday the 13th! 5 spooky TED-Ed lessons to freak you out:
Vampires, sleep paralysis and more.
TED-ED BLOG
50 mins · 
Stories of overcoming a weakness and turning it into a strength (via TED Radio Hour):
In this hour, TED speakers share stories of resilience and strength.
NPR.ORG

Click here to learn what's special about tonight's full moon.
WWW.WMCACTIONNEWS5.COM|BY BRIAN TYNES
Let us know, do you agree with these 10 'truths'?
You know how you can hear something a hundred times in a hundred...
THE-OPEN-MIND.COM

are you a normal person an indigo, crystal or Rainbw child ?
You're more likely a Crystal Child !
Crystal children did start coming earlier than most websites say.You’re very sensitive, affect, forgiving and caring, you believe in the most unbelievable things and some people think you’re too naive while you’re mostly right. You have a very light and bright colored aura which means you’re highly motivated and you enjoy all types of music, art and most things that involves pretending and seeks very much creativity. You you’re smart and mostly seen as the idea guy who comes up with the most weird ideas but it always works! You enjoy working in a group as much as doing things on you’re own, you tend to be very shy and you don’t easily go toward others. You’re mostly quiet and don’t talk until spoken to. You’re a very talented daydreamer and oftely get lost in your world. Highly spiritual, you have a deep connection to nature and animals and you have strong ESP and intuition, you’ve maybe already seen ghosts and you experienced deja vu very often due to you’re psychic abilities.http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?obj_id=73891
Take this quiz if u wannan know wich " type " of person you are , in the spiritual way , if u don't know what indigo, crystla and rainbow chilren are, go on google ♥ ^^ ! BTW, the outcome is not right at 100%, it is just more likely. And can u guyz please post ur outcome, just wanna know ^^ Quiz
YOUTHINK.COM



Are you an Indigo? “Indigo children” is the name given to the new type of human being born in this generation. Displaying amazing feats of intuition and intelligence beyond their years, these indigos have started to become a...
SPIRIT SCIENCE AND METAPHYSICS
17 hrs · 
10 ways the world could end -- and the actual science behind them:
How might the human race end? Find out in this surprisingly funny talk.
TED|BY STEPHEN PETRANEK


13 Reasons Cats Are Lucky

13 reasons why black cats crossing your path on Friday the 13th are a blessing and are blessed.

By Melissa Kauffman | June 13, 2014
9
63
Printer Friendly
13 reasons cats are lucky
Photo Courtesy of Gina Cioli/I-5 Publishing
Worrying about black cats crossing your path this Friday the 13th? Well worry, no more. We have 13 reasons cats are considered blessed and blessings. So go hug your cat. And, if a black cat crosses your path, bask in good luck today!
  1. The Ancient Egyptian goddess Bastet resembled a cat and was the goddess of joy, love, protection, dance, music and, of course, cats. Cats, which were quite popular in ancient Egypt, were considered her sacred animal.
  2. In Yorkshire, Britain, if you keep a  black cat in your house it will bring good luck, ensuring a safe return of fisherman from the sea.
  3. It is considered good luck to see a black cat or a sneezing cat on your wedding day.
  4. Freyja, the most renowned of the Norse goddesses, was the goddess of fertility, love, battle and death. She rode in a chariot that was drawn by cats, and farmers left out offerings for the cats to ensure a good harvest.
  5. The Prophet Muhammed had a favorite tabby cat named Muezza and, according to Hadith (a report of the deeds and sayings of Muhammad), Muhammad prohibited the killing and persecution of cats.
  6. There is an American superstition that dreaming of a white cat means good luck.
  7. In Scotland, it is believed that a strange black cat on your porch brings prosperity.
  8. An Italian superstition believes that a sneezing cat is a good omen for everyone who hears it.
  9. There is an American superstition about one-eyed cats and wishes. If you see a one-eyed cat, spit on your thumb and stamp it in the palm of your hand. If you then make a wish, it will come true.
  10. A Chinese proverb says a cat assures its owner of good luck. There is also a practical Chinese proverb that says "Black cat or white cat: If it can catch mice, it’s a good cat.”
  11. In France there is a saying that dogs may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry.
  12. A cat is believed magical and the bringer of good luck in India. One belief is if you kill a cat,  you have to offer a cat in gold to a priest.
  13. The Ancrene Wisse was written in the 13th century as a guide for devout recluses who dedicated their lives to devotional reading, meditation and prayer.  The anchoresses typically lived in enclosures attached to churches. Although allowed minimal to no contact to other people, the book did say that the sisters were allowed a cat.
The coffee/tea/cocoa figurines are back in stock. Just to be clear, these are hand painted resin figurines for decorative purposes, not actual cups. All info on purchasing, size, price, etc can be found by following this link:http://www.amybrownart.com/g_pgall.asp?g=245

The species of plant Habenaria radiata is known for having its flowers shaped like a "Dove of peace". Amazing, eh?
A espécie de planta Habenaria radiata é conhecida por ter suas flores com formato de "pombinha da paz". Incrível, né? 
www.jornalciencia.com

This 3 minute video is called The Mountain and was filmed over 7 days in El Teide, Spain. It's amazing and beautiful. If you want three minutes of peace and relaxation tonight (or this morning depending on where in the world you are) with a stunning view to keep you focused...click to watch!




Follow on: https://facebook.com/TSOphotography for more photos, videos and updates. This was filmed between 4th and 11th April 2011. I had the pleasure of visiting…


About


From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wicca
StonehengeDruids.jpg
Druids still celebrate Litha at Stonehenge each year.
Image (c) Scott Barbour/Getty; Licensed to About.com

Hard to believe the wheel of the year turns so fast, but Litha is rapidly approaching. Falling on June 21, this is the longest day of the year. It's a time of celebration for cultures around the world, and the summer solstice has always been rich in folklore and tradition. Midsummer is a celebration of the sun and its power and energy, as well as of the summer harvest, as gardens come into bloom. Today, we'll look at some of the customs and history behind the midsummer celebration.
For our southern hemisphere readers, Yule - the winter solstice - is just around the corner, so be sure to read the Yule links in the sidebar off on the right!
 Join Our Pagan Community:

facebook twitter Pinterest newsletter 
Litha History
Nearly every agricultural society has marked the high point of summer in some way, shape or form. On this date – usually around June 21 or 22 (or December 21/22 in the southern hemisphere) – the sun reaches its zenith in the sky. It is the longest day of the year, and has been celebrated by everyone from the Celts to the Egyptians to the peoples of ancient Greece and Rome. Read More About Litha History
Honoring the Sun
SunTempleMayan_1500.jpg
People have celebrated the sun for thousands of years.
Image by Bjorn Holland/Image Bank/Getty Images

One of the key themes of Litha is the power of the sun - after all, it's the longest day of the year, with more hours of daylight than any other. People have been honoring the energy of the sun for a long time - be sure to read about:
Search Related Topics:  sun worship  litha  early pagans
Legends and Folklore
No matter where you live, or what you call it, chances are you can connect to a culture that honored a sun deity around this time of year. Let's look at some of the gods and goddesses from around the world that are connected with the summer solstice, as well as some of the traditions and folklore associated with Litha.
Search Related Topics:  litha  summer solstice  pagan and wiccan gods
European Customs
SunDancing_1500.jpg
Celebrate midsummer and the power of the sun!
Image by ONOKY - Eric Audras/Brand X/Getty Images

This time of year is rich in legends - from the story of the battling Holly and Oak Kings to the celebration of the Vestalia, there are a number of traditions - many of which originated in Europe and the British Isles - relating to the summer solstice.

Related Searches
Featured Articles

 
More from About.com
Sign-up for Shareables!
An every-morning rundown of the day in history, headlines and trends produced by your pals at About.com. Please sign up it's free (of course), we think you will like it!

Want More From About.com
Check out our social page tailored to your interest!


This newsletter is written by: 
Patti Wigington
Paganism / Wicca Guide 
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Paganism / Wicca newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email tooptout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment